Monday, February 27, 2017

#Squaduary Challenge Complete

Well I'm done!


My squad of 10x Immortals is complete.  As I alluded to in other posts, perhaps it doesn't have a ton of detail but I was trying to work as best as I could with these metal dudes.  I did build up another 5 so I could split this squad up and field 3 units of 5x Immortals.

I did take some time to go on Twitter to see other people's offerings for #squaduary and was blown away.  Still, I'm happy that they are complete and will help me build towards what I'm hoping to field for Crucible at the end of March.

To recap, I stripped the paint from the metal models and primed the guys white. I washed the guys with black and then dry brushed them all with white. After that was done, I picked out the power cord and the (formerly green) cylinders with dark blue. I then combined turquoise and blue to highlight parts of the cylinders. I was going to pick out the guns with grey but think that it would've made them a bit too dark.

So I painted the bases grey instead and used the Citadel Texture Astrogranite to build up some texture to the base. Once it dried, I washed the bases with black (to give an even more granular look). Then I used the Army Painter Battlefield Snow effect to add in some snowy effects.

I actually finished my Shard of the Nightbringer in advance of Monster March (or whatever that challenge is called). Still, going to be working a lot on my Necrons in the next few weeks. Cheers everybody!

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! I really like the white and blue scheme, it works well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the models look well done and congratulations for getting over the line.

    I do think the snow bases with white models wasn't a good choice though, I think it is all blending in a bit too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I guess your comment made me reconsider the snow. I originally envisioned putting some snow effects on the models to add more to the wintry environment. Almost as if they will be too hard to see until they are upon you.

      The truth is that it is good for stories but hard to execute on a model. I do like the stone/slate bases but may try adding some static dead grass instead.

      Delete