Monday, February 27, 2017

Crucible List - A Little More Thought

So I had some time to perhaps hash out some ideas on what to take to Crucible for the narrative event.  I know that the Decurion is lost to me but it doesn't mean I couldn't try and work something else in.  I actually considered giving up the Conclave of the Burning One in favor of a Necron Royal Court Formation (allowing me 3 Crypteks that would give me +1 to Reanimation Protocols).  But really at that point I'm trying to hard to simply maintain the 4+ RP roll.

Instead I started with what I posted about before and decided to move forward with the following lists (for now):

1000 Point Level


Necron Combined Detachment

HQ - Destroyer Lord (Warlord, Phase Shifter, Warscythe, Nightmare Shroud) - 190 points

Troop - 5x Immortals (Night Scythe) - 215 points
Troop - 10x Warriors (Ghost Ark) - 235 points

Elite - 10x Flayed Ones - 130 points

Fast - 3x Canoptek Scarabs - 60 points
Fast - 3x Destroyers - 120 points

Heavy - Canoptek Spyder - 50 points

The idea a this point level is the ability to deal with different problems.  In most situations I would seek to hold the Scarabs back and get them to a unit of 5 before pushing forward.  As a result, my Spyder would guard a rear objective or stay back and help my ally's shooty fire unit.

My Warriors would make a slow advance and the Immortals would serve as a method of delivering a tough ObSec unit behind the enemy lines.  Plus it at least gives me a single flyer to use when interacting with my opponent.

I'd join my Destroyer Lord to my Flayed Ones and would either Deep Strike or would push them forward.  In this situation, I might opt to simply infiltrate them and push my Destroyer Lord forward as a tank for my Destroyers until he can detach and go elsewhere.  Having 6x Strength 5, AP3 shots will deal with a lot of Marine units as well.

1850 Point Level


Necron Combined Detachment

HQ - Destroyer Lord (Warlord, Phase Shifter, Warscythe, Nightmare Shroud) - 190 points
HQ - Orikan the Diviner- 120 points

Troop - 5x Immortals - 85 points
Troop - 5x Immortals - 85 points
Troop - 5x Immortals - 85 points
Troop - 10x Warriors (Ghost Ark) - 235 points

Elite - 5x Lychguard (Hyperphase Sword, Dispersion Shields) - 150 points
Elite - 6x Deathmarks - 108 points
Elite - 10x Flayed Ones - 130 points

Fast - 3x Canoptek Scarabs - 60 points
Fast - 3x Tomb Blades (3x Shadowlooms) - 57 points

Heavy - 2x Canoptek Spyder - 100 points

Formation - Conclave of the Burning One

Elite - C'Tan Shard of the Nightbringer - 240 points
HQ - Cryptek (Phase Shifter, The God Shackle, The Solar Staff) - 115 points
HQ - Cryptek (The Veil of Darkness) - 90 points

The band is back together!  So this list is very similar to what I've been fielding.  I have the option of attaching my Destroyer Lord to either Orikan and the Lychguard or to the Flayed Ones, depending on what is needed or how many threats I need to put on the table.  I was leftover with 75 points on the intial build of the list and decided to keep my Tomb Blades as late game objective grabbers.  With only 18 points left, I figured getting an extra Deathmark might be nice to give me a few added shots to bring down a big baddie.

Similar to before, my Scarabs wait to get built up a bit by my Canoptek Spyder unit...who in turn still stays behind to help guard an objective near Immortals.  Even at full strength, Orikan, a Destroyer Lord, and only 5x Lychguard aren't really scary but will go toe to toe with quite a few units all the same.

I had contemplated perhaps joining in on the grand tournament instead.  In that situation Cody's Daemon list with Magnus intrigued me.  But I don't have many opportunities to play test it and learn all the nuances.  Not to mention I'd need to paint up far more units (in addition to everything else I'd summon).

I'm really looking forward to the list above.  I can try to come up with more unit synergy but honestly think that the list is generally fluffy (outside of perhaps the presence of Orikan the Diviner) and should lead to some interesting games.


I need to make some of this awesome Necron crystal terrain!

No comments:

Post a Comment