Sunday, February 12, 2017

Crucible Hobby Time

So as I alluded, I came up with some lists that I think I may want to take to Crucible for the Narrative event.  I won't lie, they lie somewhere between ultra competitive and fluff bunny.  From the narrative day over at Dogs of War, I realized I needed to have a few hard units that would let me win games.  I think not having access to the Decurion detachment automatically softens a Necron list.  Still, I also get the chance to field my Conclave of the Burning One at 1850 points.  Here are some thoughts:

Necron List - 1000 points (CAD)

HQ - Destroy Lord (Phase Shifter, Warscythe) - 155 points
Troop - 5x Immortals (Night Scythe) - 215 points
Troop - 5x Immortals (Night Scythe) - 215 points
Elite - 15x Flayed Ones - 195 points
Fast - 6x Canoptek Scarabs - 120 points
Heavy - 2x Canoptek Spyders - 100 points

The idea is that you have a soft Scarab Farm, some flyers to help support, and then the rest is just a big unit of Flayed Ones with the Destroyer Lord with them.  I've considered changing this up and dropping the numbers, but I like a chance to field my Flayed ones.

Necron List - 1850 points (CAD + 1 Detachment)

HQ - Destroy Lord (Phase Shifter, Warscythe) - 155 points
HQ - Orikan the Diviner - 120 points
Troop - 5x Immortals (Night Scythe) - 215 points
Troop - 5x Immortals (Night Scythe) - 215 points
Troop - 5x Immortals (Night Scythe) - 215 point
Elite - 10x Lychguard (Hyperphase Sword, Dispersion Shields) - 300 points
Fast - 5x Canoptek Scarabs - 100 points
Heavy - 2x Canoptek Spyders - 100 points

Formation - Conclave of the Burning One
Elite - C'Tan Shard of the Nightbringer - 240 points
HQ - Cryptek (Phase Shifter, The God Shackle) - 100 points
HQ - Cryptek (The Veil of Darkness) - 90 points

The idea here is I effectively have two main threats and then a bunch of stuff to clean up.  The Conclave of the Burning one is fairly hardy needing to wound on Toughness 8.  The Crypteks allow the C'Tan to have a 5+ FNP plus in general most everything has a 4++ Invulnerable (save Mr. Veil of Darkness).  I learned from what little I've done in the past that I need to be aggressive and Deep Strike them ASAP (i.e. Turn 1 if possible).

Orikan and the Destroyer Lord generally will join up with the Lychguard.  That allows me to have a 3++ Invulnerable with the Lychguard (with 1's to re-roll) and then a 4+ Reanimation Protocols.  In general that also means I am Toughness 5, so relatively good.  Orikan can go Super Saiyan and otherwise the Destroyer Lord does work.  Until Orikan goes Super Saiyan, I have to depend on my HQ to take out armor.  The Immortals are still meant to hold a position and of course I have AA via the Night Scythes.  I retain the Scarab Farm to help me with armor and in general to provide a smaller, less important threat.  Enough Scarabs will take out quite a bit with 4 attacks (5 on the charge).

The idea behind the list is that the C'Tan has driven the Destroyer Lord and Crypteks mad so they serve as the C'Tan's workers.

#Squaduary


I follow a blog named St. Andrew's Wargaming.  Generally I enjoy reading this guy's game progress and think he does a good job of getting his guys to table top (superior to me in most situations).  In any case, he joined up with everybody else on working on a squad for Squaduary.  I've decided I need to strip and re-paint my Necrons and this is the perfect opportunity to do so.

I'm a bit behind everybody else but at the moment I've at least stripped and re-assembled my Necron Immortals.  In this case, I'm assuming a squad of 10 even though I plan on going with 2 squads of 5.  I primed my guys tonight but here's a picture of my dudes pre-priming.




Apologies for all the shadows and lack of focus.  I didn't message the Squaduary guy on Twitter, but all the same this goes along with my yearly goals of getting stuff painted up.

1 comment:

  1. Ye didn't message me and yet here I am ;)

    Good work on those. They shall be included in tomorrows update and all.

    Remember this is all a bit of fun to get some more units painted on gaming tables.

    ReplyDelete