Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Hobby Goals - November

So November was actually quite productive other than the whole blogging thing!

Yearly Goals - November

1.  Get 4 games of Warhammer 40K/Age of Sigmar/Kings of War/Frostgrave/other miniature game per month.

Again a pretty huge success (which is really the point of the blog).  I managed to do 2 different tournaments at Armada Games giving me 4 and 3 games.  I also played my buddy John over the Thanksgiving break to playtest my Jekyll Con list over 2 games.  All in all 9 games, quite the success!

2.  Paint 1 unit (Warhammer 40K/AoS/KoW) or 1 war band (Frostgrave) per month.

Here I did very well.  I managed to paint a Horde of Lycans, a Regiment of Lycans, 2 more Beast Packs, 2 Troops of Tribal Hunters, 1 more Shaman, 1 mounted Totem Bearer, 1 Brutox, and 1 more Regiment of Longhorns.  Phew!  All are tabletop at best (pictures coming over the next few posts).  But that only leaves me with a Regiment of Chariots, 2 Regiments of Spirit Walkers, and a Guardian Brute hero.  I suppose I have other units I can build up (a Regiment of Eagles)...but we'll see what I decide to do!

3.  Attend 1 tournament every 3 months (helps with #1).

Double success!  Two different Kings of War tournaments at Armada Games.

4.  Post 1 blog post per week.

So by the time November 30th hit, I will have had at least 4 blog posts.  That counts, right?!?

Look Ahead

The big event moving forward is doing what I need for the Jekyll Con Kings of War tournament.  I will work to finish up the remaining Kings of War units I have for my Herd list and then will either double back to 40K to prep a list with Tyranids (again 90% sure that will be the army) or I will focus on my Kings of War Dwarfs.  I mean...Forces of Nature?

So Games Workshop has been knocking it out of the park.  I admit that while Necromunda seems cool, it isn't something I want to focus on at the moment (though ironically it would be good as it is easier/faster to get games in).  The big focus will ultimately prepping for Adepticon.  Yup, I managed to snag a VIG ticket and opted to join in for both the Kings of War and 40K singles GT's.  Quite a bit step as either would easily be the largest event I'd ever done for either game.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment