Saturday, March 18, 2017

Crucible Doubles Partner

So originally the only real thing I wanted to do at Crucible was play in the Narrative events on Saturday and Sunday.  But with a full 3 day ticket, I figured it would be neat if I could do something on Friday instead.  Sure enough, there was a doubles tournament happening on Friday.  3 rounds.  1850 points.  No formations/LoW/Gargantuans/Super Heavies.  925 points/person and 310 of those points had to be dedicated to Troops.  Sounded interesting!

I had originally pegged one of my buddies to play with me but life's gotten pretty hectic for him and it left me without a partner.  This past week the event organizers were asking people to register for what they wanted to play and while I mentioned I was a go for the Narrative, I didn't have a partner for the doubles event.

They managed to match me up with a guy named Michael.  We've actually been sending each other ideas for lists.  It started with Imperials with both of us fielding a form of Space Marines.  While trying to iron out the details of those lists we started talking about Chaos Space Marines and dual Deathguard Lists.  Unfortunately, those lists always seemed to be really points intensive and really limited how many bodies we'd put on the board.  Normally we'd fall back on something like summoning but with only 3-4 Warp dice to rely on, we opted to probably table that idea.

Then we started talking about Nids and voila, instantly I was sold.  The list should be pretty tough and it brings answers to a of other potential problems.  The main vulnerability of the list (as always) are the Tau.  I fully intend to see at least a few Riptides in some lists so I'm not sure how we'll tackle them.  But for now...Hive Fleet Malygos will see the table again!

It's been a while since I last played Tyranids.  Probably a good year and a half to two years.  But I'm up for the challenge!

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff, glad that worked out in the end for you. Fingers crossed the doubles go well for ye.

    ReplyDelete