Sunday, January 29, 2017

Well That Was Quite Some Time...

Hrmmm, two posts in a row when I apologize and write about how long it has been between posts.  No good!  I was listening to some random podcast a week or so ago and someone mentioned that it was always a bad idea to try and dive into new year's resolutions after new years day.  I guess they mentioned a myriad of reasons why it was potentially a doomed venture but stated that it was better to aim for your birthday or really any other month of the year to get started.  I guess I'm going to try and use my recent birthday as a spring board.  Unofficially I'll "start" my resolutions come February, but I'm already undertaking quite a few of them semi-successfully.

That said...

Here are some of my resolutions pertaining to the hobby for 2017 February and on:

1.  Get 4 games of Warhammer 40K/Age of Sigmar/Kings of War/Frostgrave/other miniature game per month.
2.  Paint 1 unit (Warhammer 40K/AoS/KoW) or 1 war band (Frostgrave) per month.
3.  Attend 1 tournament every 3 months (helps with #1).
4.  Post 1 blog post per week.

Pretty simple eh?  The way I see it I should be able to do the stuff above at the very least.  Yeah, the bar was set pretty low but I guess it is only to help me feel more accomplished.  Gotta start somewhere, right?!

Luckily I'm already well on my way to painting up my Centurion Squad for Warhammer 40K and my Brute (i.e. Minotaur) squad for Kings of War.  I also attended a tournament at a local game store this past Saturday where I got 3 great games in.  Here's hoping I can continue to make good progress on everything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment