Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Endless Fantasy Tactics


When I was at Strangeway Games this past weekend, I did notice this game advertised while I was there.  It evidently had a successful Kickstarter back in 2012 with a follow up in 2014 (2015?) for an expansion.

The game seems to have a JRPG/Final Fantasy Tactics feel to it.  I liked how simple things looked.  The game takes place on 1" grids so you have the option to build using their laser cut MDF products or just use a dry erase map like those used in D&D.

I admit that everything about this game intrigues me...however I know I'm already balls deep into quite a few other games/gaming systems.  But the models seem like they'd be relatively easy to paint.  From what little I've seen on YouTube the game also plays well.

At the moment the only thing holding me back is that I'd want to buy a starter set (currently $54.95) and a Rulebook (pictured above, $49.99 MSRP).  Evidently the starter set does come with a "reader's digest" version of the rules but doesn't come with stats for other creatures/soldiers.  You need the main rulebook for that.  The starter set also comes with 4 figurines (only 2 of which kinda interest me, the knight and the dark adept).  The main thing that attracts me about the starter set though is that it also comes with some of the laser cut MDF that you use for building up the "board" (a $29.95 value).

So considering that most of the miniatures cost $9.95, that means I'm getting 1.5 "free" miniatures and the rules when I buy the starter set.  Hrmmm, I guess it also seems like I get an item deck set.

For now, I will attempt to resist temptation.  This gives me a good reason to go into Strangeway Games and try it out myself!

Anybody have any experience with the game?

No comments:

Post a Comment