Saturday, April 22, 2017

Hobby Progress - Kings of War/Terrain

I've been focusing on trying to get more Kings of War guys ready to go to help my buddy Sanjay learn how to play the game.  It also gets me to the point where I play more Kings of War games with multiple options.

With that, I also need to be prepared to have *SOME* terrain for playing Kings of War.  So I managed to assemble a couple of cottages that aren't quite to scale, but should work great in a scenario where one force is assaulting a village.  I need to build up a few of my GW forests but for now, at least I have the beginnings.


I did manage to do a bit of work on some of my Beastmen too.  I had originally envisioned that these guys would be my Spirit Walkers but turns out Spirit Walkers are on 20 mm bases whereas only Longhorns are on 25 mm bases.

I think I'm going to switch it around so that the fluff in my army states that once a unit becomes a Longhorn, they paint their bodies in white for war.  That allows the rest of my units to still be whatever general Beastman color I want.

These guys aren't done super well but they're a work in progress.  I've picked out some details but haven't finished up what I'm doing.  For now I'm leaving them on square bases until I am done painting them and can put them on a scenic base.


Other Thoughts

I definitely need to work on my battle reports.  I know I've become a bit lazy when typing them up.  Normally I'm excited the night of but as time goes on the details fade and it gets harder to re-collect exactly what happened.  I try to take pictures at the top of every turn and at really big moments in the matches.

I've been toying with the ideas of recording batreps.  Does anybody have suggestions on what type of camera I should try to acquire?





1 comment:

  1. Recorded bat reps can be very hit and miss. It requies quite the setup great lighting and quiet.

    ReplyDelete