Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Hobby Goals - March

I guess I just can't seem to hit the right day!  February I was early.  March I'm late.  But still, I've made some progress on the hobby goals.  Gotta keep at it!

Yearly Goals - March

1.  Get 4 games of Warhammer 40K/Age of Sigmar/Kings of War/Frostgrave/other miniature game per month.

So I'm going to go ahead and say this was a success.  Going to Crucible 6 on the last weekend allowed me to play a total of 6 games over the weekend.  I played 3 matches on Friday in the Doubles Tournament.  Unfortunately car troubles sidelined me on Saturday morning so on Saturday + Sunday I only got a total of 3 more games in the narrative portion of the weekend.  I know that technically should be April but they were what I was building towards all of March.  Check!

2.  Paint 1 unit (Warhammer 40K/AoS/KoW) or 1 war band (Frostgrave) per month.

Things definitely slowed down after the end of #squaduary.  I kept working on my Necrons but at a much slower pace.  I was able to paint my Nightbringer C'Tan, a flying Hive Tyrant, two 5 man squads of Flayed Ones, and squad of Immortals.  Though I still think I need to do more work on them, I definitely completed this.  Check!

3.  Attend 1 tournament every 3 months (helps with #1).

Big check.  At this point I've done 3 tournaments and two narrative campaign days for Warhammer 40K.  All in all that means I was able to do a total of 5 events.  Much better than all of 2016 and we're only 3 months into 2017!

4.  Post 1 blog post per week.

This was a pretty big fail.  With all the travel and work taking up my time, I rarely had the desire to pop onto my computer at night and type.  When I did, it was to polish up my list or do some research on other things (trips, activities, etc).  I only had a whopping 2 posts in March.  I'd like to make up for it and have a much stronger April.  I don't think this post should count but hopefully I can get back to roughly 10 or so posts.  I have plenty of pictures from Crucible and should have plenty of content.

Look Ahead

So I didn't get nearly any instructional games in.  But March was also big as GW announced a lot of new games and such.  Already we have Shadow War: Armageddon to look forward to but even bigger are the whispers of 8th edition.  I had planned on perhaps honing my skills and working on an army for competitive events...but with a change on the horizon I feel I should dedicate more time to Kings of War (as it shouldn't change nearly as much).  I have yet to even look at anything in the most recent Clash of Kings update.

I should keep painting my Space Marines at the very least.  I know my Necrons are going to go back on the shelf for the moment along with my Tyranids.  I'll have to figure out what I want to play for Shadow War: Armageddon, but that shouldn't be too difficult.  I think?

I've already started work on some of my Beastmen/Herd army for Kings of War.  I need to paint them up and base them and then move back to finish up some Minotaurs I started back in October (!) of last year.

I also plan on working on some terrain for use in both Frostgrave and Kings of War!

1 comment: